[Asterisk-Users] The Start extension

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Sun Oct 19 12:34:30 MST 2003

> The "s" extension is used when there is no known called number.  In
> other words, if you are dialing 2000, the dialplan will always prefer
> the priority list for 2000 instead of going to 's', so that is why
> your current system doesn't work.

John,
Thanks for the details. Actually what I want to do is to play an
announcement and then pass the person along to the extension that they
dialed. Use of Background was probably not the correct command. (sb.
Playback).  YOur details clear up the order of processing. Think I can get
it from here.

Thanks again.
Robert