[Asterisk-Users] Some questions of heavy * deployment and stability.

Anton Tinchev atl at unixsol.org
Sat Oct 18 22:48:22 MST 2003

I've reading this lists few months.
We are small company, that makes some system intregration, development and deployments in VoIP scene.
Completely under linux. Today i have 6 machines with asterisk, huge test base - including devices like AS5350, Audiocodes gateways,
ATAs, IP phones ...
Now is time to make a decition for including * in our future projects. Main goal for us is the Stability. Peoples expects phones just to work.
I expirienced some stability issues with some channel drivers - mostly in h.323, small in SIP, small in the other applications - queue, conf.
I still waiting for my digium cards to make field test with it.
However, our first deployments will be only chan_zap and chan_iax based, maybe future usage of chan_sip.
I have some questions:

How stable are these channel drivers?
Is there any commercial support for faster bugcleaning, fixing ... (anything will be in the GPL field)?
Is there any way for more stability of SIP channel drivers?
Will be some support (including bugfixes/stability issues) if we buy a lot of digium cards (let say 20+ TE410 for 6 months).

I'm asking this, becouse i have on my horizons deployment of telephone system for a small city (2000-5000 users for 2 years) shortly after New Year.
I evaluating using of * for this deployment. Unfortunately, our team didn't include expirience C programmers, so i think that we will need some external support in this field.

Thanks.

Anton Tinchev
Unix Solutions ltd
Sofia, Bulgaria.

P.S.
If i can help to someone with my test resources or make some interoperability tests/repots for my devices, just drop me a line.