[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Dana Dominiak ddominiak at webfootgames.com
Fri Oct 17 15:10:03 MST 2003

 >  Brian> Hello, I resolved my echo issue using grandstream/estara
 > etc etc Brian> sip phones and wcfxo interfaces from digium. I
 > swapped out my Brian> via kt400 based msi kt4vl motherboard for an
 > asus p4pe? i845? Brian> based motherboard and the echo has
 > completly gone away along Brian> with aggressive suppressor option
 > in the makefile.  I hope this Brian> helps others.

I'm curious if you tried experimenting with any settings in the via kt4vl
bios?  Or did you just swap motherboards first?  For bios settings, I mean
things like timing settings or other PCI bus attributes, even memory speeds.

It's a very good thing to know this motherboard could cause echo problems,
so thanks for tracking that down and posting here.  But it would be really
nice if you could use this motherboard to setup another lab machine to
experiment on (i.e. try different bios settings) and see what else you can
find... you might be able to really make a breakthrough in helping us all
with our echo problems.

Thanks, -dana