[Asterisk-Users] Re: WCFXO echo rexolved for me

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Oct 17 12:59:40 MST 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 14:41, Jan Rychter wrote:

>  Brian> Hello, I resolved my echo issue using grandstream/estara
> etc etc Brian> sip phones and wcfxo interfaces from digium. I
> swapped out my Brian> via kt400 based msi kt4vl motherboard for an
> asus p4pe? i845? Brian> based motherboard and the echo has
> completly gone away along Brian> with aggressive suppressor option
> in the makefile.  I hope this Brian> helps others.
>
> I'd guess this qualifies as a bug report -- is there a reason for
> X100P being so dependent on the motherboard used?
>
> Some of us don't have the option of swapping out the hardware.

Well, the problem isn't so much whether the X100P is dependent on
the motherboard, but rather which motherboards are badly designed.
You're likely to have the same problems with a soundcard in the same
motherboard.  It really should confirm for you that it's not the fault
of Digium hardware, but the fault of the vendor selling you the
motherboard.

-Tilghman