[Asterisk-Users] Paging/Intercom (was: OT - SIP Auto-Answer for Cisco 7940/7960!!)

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Fri Oct 17 07:10:50 MST 2003

> On the analog front, since we're talking about paging or intercom: it
> has been mentioned that the Sayson ADSI phones (Aastra?) are
> integrated with an Altigen PBX system, that the phones can support
> paging.  See the link below.
>
> http://www.sayson.com/product/Altigen.htm
>
> If this could be combined with a Cisco ATA-186 or similar product,
> would it not be possible to have paging via SIP delivery?  I have not
> put anything other than the most basic thought into this, and I don't
> know exactly how they support ADSI-based paging, but has anyone
> worked on this?  I mentioned it via IRC and someone said they took a
> half-hearted stab at it, but it didn't sound like it had been
> explored in depth.  That is a major feature issue that most business
> customers are looking for, and it would be great to have some
> combination of devices that offered paging or intercom.
>
> JT

I have just put in some analog phones that offer intercom/paging and work
rather well so far.

They are Smartalk phones. (NOT ADSI)  The guys there have been real good
about helping me get buttons programmed exactly the way I want them etc.
These phones also allow for staion monitoring and have an attendant console.
These phones use 4-pair wiring so 3 lines + power pair.  The power pair is
also responsible for the intercom/paging/station monitoring.  With the right
wiring it might work with an ata device.  Just a thought.

http://smartalk.ca/nrgover.htm

Andy