[Asterisk-Users] Switch statement taking over my local dialplan

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Fri Oct 17 07:05:12 MST 2003

jerk face wrote:

>I have two Asterisk servers, one of which uses a
>switch statement (Server 2).
>On Server 2, the dialplan is as follows:
>
>[provider]
>switch...
>
>[default]
>include=>provider
>exten=>451,1,Dial,Zap/1
>
>(No extensions defined for Server 2 are "can_match"
>(eg. exten=>_9XX...))
>
>The problem is that when I pick up a phone and dial
>451, it searches Server 1 before using the extension
>defined in the default context.
>
>Is there a way to set Asterisk up to search the local
>dialplan before checking the switched server?
>
>- Thank you for your time.

I had a number of issues using switch and in the end stopped using it, I
have bee assured bay many people that they are using it sucessfully but
my system is working now so until I see a need I am not going to go back
to using switch..

The theory is that it will search the local dialplan for static entries
(exten => 451,1...) then it will search the local dialplan for wildcards
(exten => _4xx,1..) and then follow the switch line..

I found as you have that it wanted to search the remote dialplan before
looking at (in my case) the wildcard extensions, because the link
between the 2 servers was not up 24x7 it meant that if the link was down
when a call was made it would spend so much time trying to find the
remote server that the call would timeout before it even looked at the
local dialplan..

My solution was to define wildcard extension mappings for extensions
that were on the remote Asterisk box..

Don't know if that helps but my experiance is similar to yours..

Later..