[Asterisk-Users] I give up!!

Nicholas Romero nxn at idim.com
Thu Oct 16 11:00:59 MST 2003

What you say is absolutely true.  We must not forget that asterisk is a work
in progress changing constantly.  All the rules of development and
deployment apply. I don't think that the industry even applies.  I am in
Telecomm. Just like the aerospace industry, lives depend on things working
in the real world.  Try deploying in a call center that takes medical
emergency callers. I am dealing with this little stress additive as we
speak.

Sure, you can deploy an alpha or beta system into an environment but you had
better be sure to set the expectations of everyone in advance.  You should
also have clear procedures laid out when things go awry. People are
extremely forgiving when they realize what that they have all the facts and
are able to make the decisions in an intelligent way.  Some people even
think this is fun. <grin>

Have fun!
-Nicholas
nick at idim.com