[Asterisk-Users] I give up!!

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 09:47:13 MST 2003

You went about this all backwards.  In any mission critical
system FIRST you design, build and test the system
extensively THEN and only then. do you deploy it.

OK, maybe it's just because I'm in the aerospace bussinees
I'm used to a high level of quality assurance and testing

What you find in CVS is NOT a product.  You need to build a
working product, debug it, build a support system for it
(decent user manuals and training material) test the heck
out of your configuration.  Design a failure recovery plan
(what happens if a power suply smokes?) and only then go
knocking on people's doors.

The idea is that you drop off a turn key system and not do
development in the costomer's office.

I've paid to have a phone system installed and we wrote up
the deal that after it worked we'd pay for it and any
problems in the first 90 days were to be fixed at no
cost to us.  Most people expect phone to "just work".

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550