[Asterisk-Users] Digium should develop and sell just Dummy card. For timing...

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Wed Oct 15 07:42:17 MST 2003

The only thing that is wrong is that there seems to be some expectation of
Digium that they have to tell things... The source code is available. If
someone isn't happy with the Digium methods then they should find a
solution and post it to the list and/or one of the several Asterisk Wiki's
that are around.  Digium has no obligation in this regard.  OSS doesn't
mean free, OSS doesn't mean no secrets. It means Open Source Software.
Alot of folks (me included)sometimes incorrectly equate the term  OSS to
mean FREE.

 Digium has already given for free much more than the typical telephony
hardware manufacturer. I think its pretty clear that they like using
"common timing source across all platforms".

I am looking forward to the postings of alternative timing solutions.

Robert