[Asterisk-Users] Announced Call Transfer

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Wed Oct 15 07:35:35 MST 2003

> Which telephones support this requirement and is it possible to have a
> more expensive phone in reception but leave the other people on the cheap
> Grandstream phones?

The Cisco 7960s and 7940s (what we use) support this just fine.

You have two options on the soft keys when in a call "Trnsfer" and
"BlndXfr".

Trnsfer allows you to dial a number, announce and then press "Trnsfer" again
to transfer the call (or disconnect and return to the original call).

BlndXfr does exactly that - transfers the call without an announcement.

If reception is the only place that needs the announced transfer, you may
wish to consider getting one of these phones (or more - depending on
budget). They're a bit on the expensive side, but they're excellent phones.

-Shaun