[Asterisk-Users] Announced Call Transfer

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 06:13:36 MST 2003

Michael T Farnworth wrote:

>Perhaps I am confused, but I tend to believe that Asterisk sits in the
>middle of all these calls.  So when I press the # key for transfer it
>could actually put the incoming call, allow me to dial and then speak to a
>person and then when I press # again redirect that incoming call, or maybe
>I could press * instead if I wasn't going to put the person through.  I
>suppose this would only be possible where the SIP phones weren't doing a
>native bridge between themselves though.  However perhaps an expensive
>phone in reception is just the easier option.
>
>Michael

If you are using a SIP phone then chances are that you don't need to use
the "#" to do the transfer, you can use the SIP tranfer functionality
that is built into the phone.. I think the "#" transfer was intended to
be used with Analog phones that did you support flash..

I use the SIP transfer with the Snom and GS phones without any problems..

Later..