[Asterisk-Users] Announced Call Transfer

Michael T Farnworth mtf at maximasystems.com
Wed Oct 15 05:36:11 MST 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, WipeOut wrote:

> Michael T Farnworth wrote:
>
> >more expensive phone in reception but leave the other people on the cheap
> >Grandstream phones?
> >
> Yes, I have found the Snom200 does consultative transfers well..
>
> >Couldn't this problem be solved with an asterisk upgrade?
> >
> No, Its an issue that is handled on the phone..

Perhaps I am confused, but I tend to believe that Asterisk sits in the
middle of all these calls.  So when I press the # key for transfer it
could actually put the incoming call, allow me to dial and then speak to a
person and then when I press # again redirect that incoming call, or maybe
I could press * instead if I wasn't going to put the person through.  I
suppose this would only be possible where the SIP phones weren't doing a
native bridge between themselves though.  However perhaps an expensive
phone in reception is just the easier option.

Michael