[Asterisk-Users] Cisco hard IP phones and Skinny vs. SIP

lists joebobsmith at ectisp.net
Tue Oct 14 15:14:47 MST 2003

I have Asterisk up and running and it is working great with my SIP phones.

However, I have some "Skinny"-protocol Cisco 7960s.  Does Asterisk support
the Skinny protocol?  I've seen some references to Skinny in the software.
If so, should I stick with Skinny with the 7960 or convert to SIP?  If
anyone has some Skinny confs they would send me I'd be much obliged.

If I should convert to SIP... how?  I've seen the Cisco directions but they
involve downloading software from Cisco that I can't download because I
don't have a maintenance contract. Is there a way around this, or am I
better off sticking with Skinny?

Thanks!
Joe