[Asterisk-Users] Generating a call with the Manager interface..

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Wed Oct 8 22:14:38 MST 2003

Log of real session:

[root at psycho root]# telnet localhost 5038
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Asterisk Call Manager/1.0
action: login
username: joe
secret: bob

Response: Success
Message: Authentication accepted

action: originate
exten: 200
context: stations
channel: SIP/jeremy at Jeremy7960

Event: Newchannel
Channel: SIP/Jeremy7960-376c
State: Down
Callerid: <unknown>
Uniqueid: 1066109610.410

Event: Newchannel
Channel: SIP/Jeremy7960-376c
State: Ringing
Callerid: <unknown>
Uniqueid: 1066109610.410

Event: Newstate
Channel: SIP/Jeremy7960-376c
State: Up
Callerid: <unknown>
Uniqueid: 1066109610.410

Response: Success
Message: Originate successfully queued

then extensions.conf might look like:

[stations]
exten => 200,1,Dial,IAX2/joe at bob/${EXTEN}
exten => 200,2, Hangup

Jeremy McNamara