[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Setup

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Oct 13 07:25:47 MST 2003

This config is fine, with the exception of one thing.  While I realize
that I may be the lone dissenter regarding the SEND DTMF option, I have
found that all three options work fine as long as * is the only
listener.  However, as soon as you start talking to the outside world,
the only thing that works for me, in all cases, is the inband option
(inband to *, in-audio to the Grandstream).  As soon as I make any calls
to another IVR, the SIP Info and RFC2833 options fail - that is, they do
nothing!  I don't know whose problem this is, but since * works so well
with the inband option, I can see no rational reason to worry about it.
I just use the inband option on all my phones.

One other note. The most critical thing as far as I can tell, for
getting Grandstream to register, is to have the extension name (the
thing in the []'s in sip.conf) exactly match both the SIP UserID and the
Authenticate ID in the Grandstream setup.  The username option in *
makes no difference whatsoever with the Grandstream.  If it still
doesn't work, make sure that you can ping the phone from the * box. If
you can't, then you have to fix your network setup first.

Stephen R. Besch