[Asterisk-Users] Gatekeeper with Asterisk

Mireia Munoz de jesus Mireia.Munoz-de-jesus at insa-lyon.fr
Mon Oct 13 05:56:33 MST 2003

Hi!

I am trying to do a SIP/H.323 gateway. I want that the SIP proxy server (I
suppose that this is asterisk isn't it?) has all the information about the
user's registration. So, when a request arrives at the gatekeeper from the
H.323 network, this one tries to make  multicast to all the others gatekeeper
and also the Gatekeeper Asterisk. Asterisk then looks for if the user called is
a SIP user or not.

Is that possible to use Asterisk as SIP proxy and a SIP/H.323 gateway? In my
network I have already a gatekeeper. If it is possible... how can I do that
with asterisk?

Thanks for all your help

Regards,

Mireia