[Asterisk-Users] one-way audio

duncan duncan at impede.net
Fri Oct 10 06:06:56 MST 2003

>Im experiencing a problem with a current setup and I've run out of ways to
>debug it and come to a resolution.
>
>I have two E100P's in a machine which is routing traffic over the internet
>to a machine that has 1 E400P connected to the PSTN.  Clients are able to
>make calls successfully but when the call is connected experience one-way
>audio.  They cannot hear anything said by the person who is being called.
>
>This appears to be intermittent, with occasional times where conversations
>can be held, but what sounds like silence suppression on the side of the
>caller.  They hear audible clicks and then silence, and assume the person
>they have called has hung up.  On the side of the person being called
>there are no audible problems at all (except for the fact that most of the
>time there is nothing being heard on their side).
>
>so the link between the two machines is using a 512k connection at one
>end, and a 2meg connection at the other.  an IAX2 trunk between them.  the
>only thing i can think of as a potential cause of this problem is that one
>is using a cvs thats more recent than the other.  im worried about
>updating the older machine without being sure that its not going to
>introduce problems as there are many other applications and services
>running on that server.

ooh replying to my own posts again.  bad duncan.  some more information on
the problems being encountered.

if i have an IAX2 Trunk - the person making the call cant be heard but the
person recieving the call can hear them
if i have a standard call over IAX2 the person recieving the call cant hear
anything but can be heard by the person making the call
if i have a standard IAX call - both sides can hear each other fine.

any ideas where the problem lies based on this new information?

duncan