[Asterisk-Users] Problems with Devkit Lite setup

Rob Scott voip at uk2.net
Fri Oct 10 05:53:43 MST 2003

At one point I did have this kit working but since upgrading to the latest
Asterisk, it no longer seems to.

I had the following problems after several reinstallations:

   - USB adaptor had a proper dialtone, asterisk recognised the pickup,
but pressing keys on the handset had no effect

   - USB adaptor produced a strange horrible tone, not a dialtone;
pressing keys has no effect

   - USB adaptor silent; pickup not recognised by Asterisk

So you can see my situtation has gradually deteriorated with each
tinkering/CVS-reinstall of the system.

What I don't understand is what Linux or other elements do I need to get
the USB adaptor to work?

I am running RedHat 9 with the 2.4.20-20.9 kernel.

Apart from these problems, I also noticed the following when using the USB
adaptor:

   - unplugging and plugging the handset into the line side of the adaptor
killed the adaptor; have to restart the machine to clear the problem.

   - unplugging the USB adaptor from the USB port causes all manner of
problems. 'rmmod'-ing and 'insmod'-ing astrisk related modules doesn't
help. Running asterisk or 'ztcfg' always complains of problems on the USB
adaptor channel. Restart of machine needed.

   - sometimes problems with the computer's audio system