[Asterisk-Users] Redhat system init and wcusb

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Oct 9 21:27:32 MST 2003

Hi Tom-

Someone may have already answered you on this, but if not:

Didn't you receive a quick start sheet with your demo kit?  It should cover
this.  If not, what works for me (also running Red Hat 9.0) is to add the
following lines to the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file:

rmmod usb-uhci
modprobe usb-uhci
modprobe wcfxo
modprobe wcusb
sleep 1
ztcfg -vv
sleep 1

The above shell commands are executed by the system at the end of the
re-boot process, so go ahead and re-boot...

Then try starting asterisk by typing "asterisk -vvvvc".  Once you get
asterisk starting ok this way, you could add the asterisk line to the
rc.local file at the end to start everything on reboot.

Hope this helps.

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.

Email:          scott at evtmedia.com <mailto:scott at evtmedia.com>