[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Trunking confirmation?

TeleSIP ricvil at telesip.net
Thu Oct 9 11:36:18 MST 2003

Hi Jeremy,

The handbook says:
"user: A user can place calls to or through the Asterisk server.

peer: A peer receives calls from the Asterisk server, but does not

place them

friend: A friend both sends and receives calls through the Asterisk

server. This makes the most sense for handsets or other station

devices. When in doubt use this type."

Something must be wrong here since the "peer" setting says that this type of
entity can only receive calls.  So if we set both ends to peer then nobody
can make calls.  Can you, or somebody else shed some light here please?

Thanks,
Ricardo