[Asterisk-Users] 7940/60 TFTP Problem

Babak Pasdar bpasdar at IGXGlobal.com
Wed Oct 8 17:28:20 MST 2003

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I have purchused several Cisco 7940 and 7960 phones.  Of the 5 phones so far I have run accross 2 that that give me malformed TFTP and refuse to upgrade to the latest version of SIP code -- 5.3.  In fact some of the other phones also give malformed packets do this but they seem to work OK.  The ones giving me the problem when looking in ethereal are misiing part of the filename to get it upgraded to SIP.

I know why it does not work, but why are these malformed packets apearing.  I also tried to go to a windows based TFTP server (original was linux TFTP) with the same results.

Any ideas anyone?

Babak