[Asterisk-Users] IAX and Jitter problem

Mike Atkinson silverflash at bancclub.net
Wed Oct 8 16:40:11 MST 2003

> I'm coming at this thing from an Operational standpoint rather than a
development standpoint.  Viewing your problem from that angle, I wonder how
well your
> network is performing.  Could you have a cable problem that the Asterisk
server hasn't reported (Layer 1); or perhaps your * Server is connecting at
100
> megabit/half duplex, but the switch is configured (or auto-detected) 100
megabit/full duplex (Layer 2); or perhaps you have a bad port on your switch
(Layer 1
> or 2); or perhaps there is a mis-typed subnet mask or default gateway
somewhere between the systems that hasn't been caught yet (Layer 3).  Is
your Asterisk
> server busy doing anything else that's tying up resources?

I've verfied the local lan (this is an isolated test lab... 100mb full
duplex on all stations) and things are fine there.  The box running *
doesn't run anything else (i.e. no X, no other extra processes running) so
I'm not sure where the issue could be there.

> You also menitoned that you haven't yet found a soft-phone.  X-Lite (from
www.eten.com) works really well on Windows workstations.

I'll give this one a try and report back with my results.

Thanks!