[Asterisk-Users] BudgeTone 102 flakey sound

cg at cdegroot.com cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Oct 8 00:28:37 MST 2003

I have experienced lots of apparently dropped packets (in other words,
lots of short interruptions of what the other party tries to tell me)
with a GS102 and chan_capi. The GS102 is connected through a lightly-loaded
switch directly connected to the * server, so bandwidth/latency
shouldn't pose a problem. Funny thing is that the switch indicates
10mbit on the GS102 port - is that correct? (still, 10mbit should be
plenty).

I'm a bit at a loss where to start debugging - I've tried to play with
the voice frames per TX parameter (but as I'm experiencing drops on
RX...), the order of codecs (lowest bandwdith first), but it doesn't
seem to make a difference.

A PII/400 should be enough to do codec translation on one call in any
case, so I feel that whatever I tune, it's just fiddling and doesn't get
to the real problem. However, I don't have the faintest idea about where
to start looking for the real problem.

What could cause drops on such a LAN connection?

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo