[Asterisk-Users] Fax Detection

Michael A. Miller Michael.Miller at cedillas.com
Tue Oct 7 21:20:43 MST 2003

I am attempting to get fax detection to work. I am using a NETjet-s card
under ISDN4Linux. Asterisk does not seem to be detecting the fax tone. I
have tried following as a test:

[MainMenu]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout(3)
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout(5)
exten => s,4,Background(Welcome)
exten => s,5,Background(MainMenu)

exten => fax,1,Dial(Zap/1,,d)

[FaxTest]
exten => 1,1,Goto(MainMenu,s,1)

This works fine if I attached two fax machines. One fax machine to Zap/1
and one to any other, such as Zap/2, port. Zap/1 is in the 'ManMenu'
context and Zap/2 is in 'FaxTest'. I dial 1 on the fax machine on Zap/2.
This works as expected.

I then take fax machine that was on Zap/2 and attach it to an outside
line and dial into the NETjet modem. The NETjet is in context
'MainMenu'. Asterisk does not detect the fax in this case.

Are there any settings in the configuration files that I need to set
specifically for fax detection on the NETjet modem? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Michael