[Asterisk-Users] Help with questions for initial Asterisk wizard (GUI)

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Tue Oct 7 16:21:21 MST 2003

Here is the latest edition of the logic chart.  Please tell me what the
hell I am doing wrong and what I've forgotten :) (I know I've not got it
perfect)

Thanks!

Hardware
	Are you using Digium Hardware? (yes/no)
		+ TE410P
			+ How many?
		+ TDM400P
			+ How many?
				+ How many modules (each card)
		+ T400P
			+ How many?
		+ T100P
			+ How many?
		+ E100P
			+ How many?
		+ X100P
			+ How many?
		+ S100U
			+ How many?
		+ ISDN CAPI
			+ How Many?

	For each channel of the hardware the user has
		+ Which signalling for this channel?
			kewl start
			loop start
			ground start
		+ Enable three way calling?
		+ Enable transfer?
		+ Enable call waiting?
		+ Enable busy detection?
		+ Use CallerID?
		+ rxgain
		+ txgain
		+ Immediate? (yes/no)
		+ What context to start this channel in?

	Which country are you in? (for indication and zaptel)
		+ United States
		+ Australia
		+ France
		+ Netherlands
		+ United Kingdom

	Which language? (for zapata.conf)
		+ english
		+ french
		+ others...

	Other hardware
		+ Do you have a soundcard? (yes/no)
			+ ALSA or OSS?

Extension Ranges
	Add a range [   ] - [   ]
		+ Would you like to add another range?

	What name would you like for the local extensions context?

	We need to setup a prefix for your extensions because Asterisk deals
with the most significant digits.
	 Please enter what you would like your extensions to start with (at
least one number, not starting with 0 or 1)
	  [  ]

	I would like to setup some outgoing contexts, do you need to do this
now? (SIP Proxies will be configured later)
		+ Please enter the name for this context (tollfree, international, etc..)
		+ What should the prefix be? (1800, 1866, 011)
		+ What contexts should this context be included in? (are allowed to
access this)

	+ Would like you to enable voicemail on any of your local extensions?
(yes/no)
		+ all of them (yes/no)
			+ which ones?
		+ What should the default voicemail password be?

		+ Default formats for writing voicemail
			+ GSM, wav49, WAV
		+ Email notification? (yes/no)
			+ Who should the email appear to come from?
			+ Should we attach it to the email?
		+ Would you like to specify a maximum message length? (yes/no)
			+ How long?
		+ Would you like to specify a maximum greeting length? (yes/no)
			+ How long?

	Would you like to activate any of these extensions now? (yes/no)

		List extensions with CONFIG | EDIT | DELETE | ADD links
			+ Who is going to use this extension? (name)
			+ What is the email address of the person as this extension? (for
email notification)
			+ CallerID String
				+ Name
				+ Number
			+ Enable mailbox indication? (yes/no)
				+ Which mailbox numbers?

	Would you like to setup registration for FWD, IAXtel, SIPPhone or iptel?
		+ FWD
			+ What is your FWD number?
			+ Password?
			+ Which codecs would you like to enable?
			+ Which extension would you like to associate with?
			+ Are you behind NAT?

		+ SIP Phone
			+ What is your SIP Phone number?
			+ Password?
			+ Which codecs would you like to enable?
			+ Which extension would you like to associate with?

		+ iptel
			+ What is your iptel number? (for CID)
			+ What is your Username?
			+ Password?
			+ Which codecs would you like to enable?
			+ Which extension would you like to associate with?

		+ IAXtel
			+ Username
			+ Password
			+ Which codecs would you like to enable?
			+ Which extension would you like to associate with?

	Do you have any SIP devices? (yes/no)
		+ YES
			Which extension would you like to associate with this device?
			Username
			Password
			Codecs you would like to enable
			DTMF Mode
			CallerID
				+ Display Name

		+ NO?
			noload=module_sip.so

Applications
	Which application would you like to configure?
		+ Meetme
			+ What would you like the conference number to be?
			+ What contexts would you like to have access to this conference?
		+ Call Parking
			+ What range would you like to assign to call parking?
			+ What number do you want to transfer to for call parking?
		+ Music on Hold
			+ Would you like to enable MOH for Call Parking?
			+ Would you like to enable MOH instead of a ringing a phone?
		+ Database / CDR Records
			+ Do you want to keep records of your calls in a database?
			+ Which one?
				+ MySQL
				+ PostgreSQL
		+ ADSI
		+ Call Queue
		+ Logging verbosity
		+ Manager

|Leif Madsen - http://www.hacklocalhost.com|
|    @| leif at hacklocalhost dot com      |
|  SMS| sms at hacklocalhost dot com       |
|  FWD| 18924          IAX| 1700-363-0761  |
|iptel| 8972-1969    sipph| 1-747-386-1618 |