[Asterisk-Users] Line going to Zombie

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Oct 7 14:01:42 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 15:30, Ariel Batista wrote:
> >> I have tried to release it with soft hangup Zap/1
> >> & also soft hangup Zap/1-2.  If I use the last one is say trying to
> >> hang up but it never does.  I have to shut the system down then back
> >> up! I am not able to run the GASTMAN due to I have no XP machine
> >> running.  I only have Windows 2000 pro.
> >
> >I have seen this also. GASTMAN wouldn't have helped you since it would
> >issue the same commands as you did. You can always use astman for
> >similar functions without the gtk widgitry.
>
> I still don't understand!  Sorry I am new to Asterisk. So there is no
> way to stop this channel unless we restart the system? I can't find
> any other documentation on this.  I google the list and came up with
> not much information.  I do not have astman loaded on the * box.

astman comes with asterisk. It is a console based manager interface. If
you had libnewt-dev on your system, it should have been built and
installed for you.

As for the problem of zombied channels. You should only have to restart
asterisk at worst, not the whole system. I'm not sure what causes the
zombied channels and am basically waiting for someone more qualified to
finish answering your question.