[Asterisk-Users] auto 'modprobe wct1xxp' on startup?

Thorsten Lockert tholo at sigmasoft.com
Tue Oct 7 13:43:38 MST 2003

Do a "make config" in /usr/src/zaptel

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of john lawler
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 16:31
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] auto 'modprobe wct1xxp' on startup?

Hi guys,

Thanks for your answers on my two questions yesterday.  That's exactly
what I was looking for, sorry for not noticing it myself, but I'm still
getting acclimated to Asterisk and even Linux--from what I see so far, I
love it.

I've got another one now.  Since my Asterisk install and configuration
is fairly stable at this point, I'm interested it ensuring that during
the event of a power failure, when the power returns (or if the machine
is manually restarted) that Asterisk will successfully load on the other
side (automatically).

I've used the provided asterisk startup script (which I moved to
/etc/rc.d/init.d) and RedHat's 'chkconfig' to make sure that Asterisk is
started on bootup, but the problem I'm having has to do w/ the wct1xxp
module, I believe.

When I want to start Asterisk manually, I just type 'modprobe wct1xxp'
and my two T1 cards are correctly started and then I can start asterisk
w/ the normal commands and everything works.

But, when I come back from a restart, it appears that the Asterisk
startup failed, and I think it's b/c the wct1xxp module is not loaded.
What is the recommended way to ensure this happens?  I've been reading
and found that modprobe (on startup, it appears) uses /etc/modules.conf,
and here's what mine looks like:

    alias eth0 e1000
    alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid
    alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
    alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
    options torisa base=0xd0000
    alias char-major-196 torisa
    #post-install wcfxs /sbin/ztcfg
    #post-install wcfxsusb /sbin/ztcfg
    #post-install torisa /sbin/ztcfg
    #post-install tor2 /sbin/ztcfg
    #post-install wcfxo /sbin/ztcfg
    post-install wct1xxp /sbin/ztcfg
    #post-install wct4xxp /sbin/ztcfg

(I commented out all of the modules I think I don't need, but it didn't
work when they weren't commented out anyway).  Does this have something
to do w/ it?  Do I need to add something to indicate that wct1xxp should
be loaded on startup elsewhere?

I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and expertise.

jl