[Asterisk-Users] auto 'modprobe wct1xxp' on startup?

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Tue Oct 7 13:43:24 MST 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, john lawler wrote:

> But, when I come back from a restart, it appears that the Asterisk
> startup failed, and I think it's b/c the wct1xxp module is not loaded.
> What is the recommended way to ensure this happens?  I've been reading
> and found that modprobe (on startup, it appears) uses /etc/modules.conf,
> and here's what mine looks like:

I've seen similar issues that seem to only happen when /usr is on a
seperate filesystem than the root filesystem.  I saw this happen on
debian.  Because /usr/lib/libtonezone.so.1 (or whatever its called) isn't
available when ztcfg is run the command does not work.

My solution was to have my asterisk startup script execute modprobe to
load the module.

James