[Asterisk-Users] Compile problem SuSE 8.2

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Oct 7 13:32:29 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 15:13, Brancaleoni Matteo wrote:
> I had a similar problem with redhat 9 stock kernel sources.
> I had to enter the kernel sources dir,
> do a make mrproper
> then a make menuconfig

This was probably not a good idea as you have configured your kernel
source differently than your running kernel. In either the /boot or /
directory there should be a Config file that matches your running
kernel. You should then ba able to copy it from the /boot or / directory
as .config in your kernel source root directory. At that point you
should be able to make oldconfig and it will configure your kernel
source exactly as the running kernel.

I don't know if it would cause problems or not, but it doesn't hurt to
have consistency.