[Asterisk-Users] direct-inward-dialing (DID)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Oct 7 08:01:39 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 07:53, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > The number of digits that your telco sends to you is a configurable
> > figure (at least it is here in Aus). The example assumes that the telco
> > is sending you the last 4 digits.
>
> Hmmm ok so DIDs are not what is stuffed into the CNID field?   Or rather
> pieces of the DID make it into the CNID?

The telco will send x(configurable) digits as CNID on a PRI. This
becomes the extension inside of asterisk automagically. I know you can
have anywhere from 3 digits up to the entire 10 digits sent to you.
While my company was on channelized e&m t1 we had 4 digits of DID, and
now on PRI we get the whole 10 digit number.