[Asterisk-Users] MP3s in /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3 causes Asterisk crash

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Mon Oct 6 17:16:20 MST 2003

Leif Madsen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have just compiled the newest version of mpg123 on a RedHat 9.0 system
> (mpg321 has not been installed) and I am using the newest CVS version of
> asterisk.  Whenever I place any mp3 files in the
> /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/ directory, Asterisk crashes a horrible fiery
> death.
>
> If mp3s exist in that directory, then I can't even start Asterisk.  If I
> start it without files then copy them over, then it crashes.  If I use
> the mp3player() app then it crashes.  Using mpg123 -t filename.mp3 seems
> to be fine.
>
> If you have any idea's on things I can test for, it'd be greatly
> appreciated.

So yah.. apparently the 0.59s version compiled with linux-mmx doesn't
play too nicely with whatever Asterisk is calling it as.  "Downgrading"
to version 0.59r seemed to fix the problem.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

Thanks,

|Leif Madsen - http://www.hacklocalhost.com |
|    @| leif at hacklocalhost dot com       |
|  FWD| 18924                               |
|  IAX| 1700-363-0761                       |
|  SMS| sms at hacklocalhost dot com        |
|  ICQ| 3445119                             |
|iptel| 8972-1969                           |
|sipph| 1-747-386-1618                      |