[Asterisk-Users] SIP X100P Echo Problems

Brian Schrock brians at anistonetech.com
Mon Oct 6 16:13:29 MST 2003

Like most others on this list I also have some really annoying echo whenever
a call goes out to the PSTN from a SIP phone...

SNOM/Budgettone -> Asterisk -> X100P -> PSTN

I have tried every echo canceler in the makefile and turned on and off
aggressive suppressor etc. etc. etc. tried 32,16,128, and 256 bridgetaps and
I can get it reduced to only a few seconds on the intro of the call and
after silence, as well as a really annoying beep every so often, and some
audio artifacts.

I am using KT400 VIA based motheroards MSI KT4VL and x100P and the new
tdm400p. Calls within the pbx sound great something to really be proud of
(congrats to all of you developers), but going out to the PSTN is extremely
annoying.

Who do I pay and how much to get rid of this extrordinarily annoying echo
from sip -> pstn calls? I am not kidding and I also hope others on this list
who are making money on asterisk would chip in to help out.

This problem is killing me.

Brian J. Schrock
Anistone Technologies, LLC
6926 Avery Rd.