[Asterisk-Users] callerid name modification (or adding)

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Mon Oct 6 14:18:41 MST 2003

<quote who="Steven Critchfield">
> On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 15:45, john lawler wrote:
>> Is there any way to take an incoming callerid string and remove the
given "name" part of it and replace it w/ something arbitrary, or add
to a blank name string (possibly by looking up the number in a
database)?

> Be glad I'm ridding my angst in other ways than lazy users these days.
>
> show application setCidName
>
>  -= Info about application 'SetCIDName' =-
>
> [Synopsis]:
>   Set CallerID Name
>
> [Description]:
>   SetCIDName(cname[|a]): Set Caller*ID Name on a call to a new
> value, while preserving the original Caller*ID number.  This is
> useful for providing additional information to the called
> party. Sets ANI as well if a flag is used.  Always returns 0

*CLI> show application LookupCIDName
  -= Info about application 'LookupCIDName' =-

[Synopsis]:
  Look up CallerID Name from local database

[Description]:
  LookupCIDName: Looks up the Caller*ID number on the active
channel in the Asterisk database (family 'cidname') and sets the
Caller*ID name.  Does nothing if no Caller*ID was received on the
channel.  This is useful if you do not subscribe to Caller*ID
name delivery, or if you want to change the names on some incoming calls.
Always returns 0.

--
END OF LINE