[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else use Audacity for prompts?

Stuart Mackintosh sm at opusvl.com
Mon Oct 6 09:20:30 MST 2003

I have had to work on some files recently with a similar problem.

It seems that when a file is recorded in 16 bit and converted to 8 bit,
the clarity is lost.
I have found the following ways the most productive:

1)Record through the voicemail system then import and edit them
afterwards. As long as you use a good quality channel, this operates
well.

2) Use sox with -t oss /dev/dsp as the input and a gsm file as the
output. -r 8000 for the sample rate and -b for 8 bit.