[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else use Audacity for prompts?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 6 09:13:13 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 11:08, Brad Waite wrote:
> Why, oh why, do we have to be limited to 8kHz prompts in the first
> place?

Because that is what telephony is based on. 8khz by 8 bit if on a
digital link and 7 bit if in RBS signaling.

Why are you so worried about that amount of degradation when you can't
control how much makeup and other crap is sitting in the speaker holes
on the other side deadening the sound. Then there is the weather related
noise introduced in old analog links, and then there is the whole analog
loop. If the sound quality is of such a big issue with you, go to
something other than a telephony app to use.