[Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to FXS cards?

Matt Lawson matt at 1control.com
Mon Oct 6 06:34:46 MST 2003

Hi everyone,

I know someone makes a product that's a POTS phone to SIP converter,
where you just plug your POTS phone in one side and the network cable in
the other.  Has anyone successfully used any of these with Asterisk, and
if so how expensive were they?

I ask partly out of frustration with the FXS cards but mostly because it
would make installation MUCH easier for what we're doing, plus it would
be another piece of hardware that we could re-sell, plus it would free
up some slots in the server, which is valuable real estate.

Comments?

TIA
- Matt