[Asterisk-Users] Ascom Ascotel 2050 & Fritz PCI Card (Capi)

Dave Sykes Dave.Sykes at elateral.com
Mon Oct 6 06:01:21 MST 2003

kapejod,

Thanks for the prompt reply, that didn't work, although I managed to work
it out, and the msn number I need to put in is the position number in the
S0 bus, for example for X616 it would 1, X617 2 and so on. Thanks for the
response it allowed me to work it out.

Thanks

Dave Sykes
Head of Research
+44 (0)1252 740721

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           Klaus-Peter Junghanns     |
|         |           <kpj at junghanns.net>       |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           asterisk-users-admin at lists|
|         |           .digium.com               |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           03/10/2003 18:03          |
|         |           Please respond to         |
|         |           asterisk-users            |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |       To:       asterisk-users at lists.digium.com                                                                                            |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Dave Sykes/UK/Elateral)                                                                                              |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Asterisk-Users] Ascom Ascotel 2050 & Fritz PCI Card (Capi)                                                            |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Dave,

try :

Dial(CAPI/${CALLERIDNUM}:${EXTEN},10)

(make sure you have a msn= line in capi.conf that allows
this for ${CALLERIDNUM})

regards

kapejod

Am Fre, 2003-10-03 um 18.58 schrieb Dave Sykes:
> Hello,
>
> We have been trying to add asterisk to our Ascom Ascotel 2050 PBX. We
have
> a AVM Fritz!PCI Card connected to an S0 bus extension from the PBX. The
> fritz card is configured to use chan_capi, and we can make calls SIP->SIP
> SIP->PBX extension PBX extension->SIP all successfully, we have assigned
> more than one PBX extension number to the S0 port in the Ascom PBX (it
has
> 8 positions) calls from the PBX to the SIP phones work fine and are
> directed correctly. However when we dial from a SIP phone to an Ascom
> extension it always comes up on the Ascom handset with the number of the
> first position in the S0 setup.
>
> For Example
>
> S0 setup in Ascom
> position 1: 616
> position 2: 617
> position 3: 618
>
> in extensions.conf
>
> exten => 1,1,Dial(Sip/X616,10)
> exten => 2,1,Dial(Sip/X617,10)
> exten => 3,1,Dial(Sip/X618,10)
>
> calls from an Ascom extension to 616,617,618 get directed correctly to
the
> Sip phone X616,X617,X618 respectively
>
> for outgoing calls we have
>
> exten => _XXX,1,Dial(CAPI/@01234567${CALLERIDNUM}:${EXTEN},10)
>
> and dialling for instance 765 from a Sip phone correctly routes the call
> the Ascom and that then connects through to extension 765, however no
> matter which Sip phone dials it always displays 616 on the Ascom phone as
> the Caller ID. I can see from the * console that it has picked up the
> caller id correctly
> for example to dial 765 from Sip/X617
> -- Executing Dial("SIP/X617-5ee5", "CAPI/@01234567617:765|10") in new
stack

> So the question is: is it possible to tell the Ascom exchange that the
call
> is coming from extension 617, as I guess it does not use the caller id as
> that seems to be set up correctly?

e-solutions for marketing
http://www.elateral.com/uk

Elateral Limited, Crosby Way, Farnham, GU9 7XX, UK
Tel. +44 (0)1252 740740
Fax. +44 (0)1252 740741
This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged.  It may be read,
copied and used only by the intended recipient.  If you have received
it in error please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or
by telephone. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its
contents to any person.  We believe, but do not warrant, that this
e-mail and any attachments are virus free.  You should take full
responsibility for virus checking.  Elateral reserves the right to
monitor all e-mail communications through its internal and external
networks.  The opinions or ideas expressed above belong to their
author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Elateral Group.