[Asterisk-Users] IVR Questions?

duncan duncan at impede.net
Mon Oct 6 05:53:14 MST 2003

>I failed to mention in my original post that I've looked at perl through
>AGI, but haven't yet found a function that allows me to capture digits to
>a variable that I can then manipulate.  I probably should also mention
>that I'm not a programmer-type, although I can usually muddle through
>simple scripts for smaller uses like this one.  Can you suggest which
>function I would use?

using the asterisk-perl module from http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/

you would use the get_data function:

my $captured_dtmfs =
$AGI->get_data('/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/whatever','50000','4');

from the "show agi get data" help

show agi get data
Usage: GET DATA <file to be streamed> [timeout] [max digits]
          Stream the given file, and recieve DTMF data. Returns the digits
recieved from the channel at the other end.

hope this helps

duncan