[Asterisk-Users] Help Loading a TDM card!!

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 11:17:59 MST 2003

Is there anything special needed to load up a TDM10B card??

I got the card today.. Took it from the box, put it into a PCI slot..
connected the power to the card and booted the PC..

I have removed the X100P to avoid confusion and I have the following in
the config files..
in /etc/zaptel.conf

# For the X100P
#fxsks=1
# For the TDM10B
fxoks=1

in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
callprogress=yes
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
relaxdtmf=yes

;X100P - FXO PCI card
;signalling = fxs_ks
;channel => 1

;TDM10B FXS device
context=local
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 1

When I boot the PC it does NOT show an added card/device when "kudzu" ran..

No LED's light up..

When I try to load the driver with init script..

[root at dev02 root]# /etc/init.d/zaptel start
Running ztcfg:  ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or
address (6)
                                                           [FAILED]

dmesg has this to say..

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Specify address with base=0xNNNNN
Registered Tormenta2 PCI

If I try with modprobe..

[root at dev02 root]# modprobe wcfxs
/lib/modules/2.4.20-20.9/misc/wcfxs.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.20-20.9/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.20-20.9/misc/wcfxs.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.20-20.9/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod wcfxs failed

dmesg says..

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded

Have updated to very latest CVS as well..

Anyone got any ideas??

Later..