[Asterisk-Users] echo for 15 seconds

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Thu Oct 2 11:04:35 MST 2003

 Shaun> ----- Original Message -----
 Shaun> From: Chad R. Graham

 >> For the first 15 seconds of a call I get echo on the ata 186 side
 >> only.  I assume after that the echo canceller kicks in but is there
 >> any way to make it happen faster?

 Shaun> Same thing here - except we're using Cisco 7960 and 7940 IP
 Shaun> phones.

 Shaun> We're getting used to it, the main thing is that the remote
 Shaun> caller doesn't hear it (which they don't). A person visiting our
 Shaun> office and using the phone may get a bit of a surprise though.

[...]

I'm also hearing this, with an analog phone (connected to an
S100U). Rather annoying.

Incoming calls have an entirely different problem for me, a disastrous
5-8 second crackling/clicking sound, which seems to go quiet a while
after you start speaking. The other side doesn't hear it, but it makes
you miss the beginning of a call, e.g. you usually don't know who's
calling :-/ This happens in a phone -> S100U -> * -> * -> X100P -> PSTN
setup, when somebody is calling from the PSTN.

--J.