[Asterisk-Users] SIP and DSL Bandwidth queries.

rkolli at cisco.com rkolli at cisco.com
Thu Oct 2 14:50:31 MST 2003

Here is my setup

7960(A)--Firewall/PAT--dsl---------Internet--------dsl--Firewall/NAT---7960(B)
                                     |     |
7960(C)--NAT--cable-----------------      -----dsl -- Asterisk

(A) can communicate with (C) only when C is configured with canreinvite=no. The
call gets dropped in few seconds if canreinvite is set to yes for C.
(A) and (B) can communicate fine when both sides have canreinvite=yes.

Since (C) is not working with canreinvite, traffic goes thru Asterisk server.
This brings the Dsl connection to asterisk to a crawl. It is so bad that even a
idle ssh connection gets disconnected.

Is it possible to configure C so that reinvite works. If not what kind of a
bandwidth should I have for Asterisk server. Currently it has a upload of 128K.

The codec currently getting used is ULAW. Even if I configure 7960's to use
g729, show sip channel reports as using ULAW.

Thanks,
==ratnakar