[Asterisk-Users] RE: WINXP Messenger SIP Client (Good News, Bad News)

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 13:31:13 MST 2003

WipeOut wrote:> Anthony Minessale wrote:> >> I found this information on how to make XP have a dialpad in Windows >> Messenger>> which was awesome news> Some more crushing news is if you upgrade MSN messenger past ver 4.x it > no longer uses SIP.. (so I have been told)..MSN messenger does not use SIP.Windows messenger (another product) use SIP.I still can't get Windows messenger to register with a secret to Asterisk.Anthony - do you connect without registering or does Windows messengerregister properly with your * ?/O

After just deciding to guess imaginary config options not documented anywhere

I took out secret= and made it password= instead and tada!

my reasoning was that secret reminded me of radius

where secret was not a password but a common shared string to base a

encryption algorythm against so i just tried password cos

it made more sense and i'm not sure if that is why it is

like that or not but it worked for me.

[fred]
type=friend
username=fred
password=fredspass
host=dynamic

P.S. I have 4.7 from 2 days ago and it is still doing

the sip (although you gotta go set the reg key again)

nonetheless I still cant log into agentlogin properly

on it.