[Asterisk-Users] 3x AVM Fritz!Card PCI for a EuroISDN PBX.

David M. Wilson dw-digium.com at botanicus.net
Fri Nov 28 10:26:15 MST 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 06:15:38PM +0100, Peer Oliver schmidt wrote:

> As far as I know, AVM only allows a single Fritz!Card PCI in a PC. I
> /think/ there is a patch out there to allow more than one. Search the
> archives to find out more.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm afraid I was unclear in my original
statement - Google pointed me in the direction of this list w.r.t. 3x
Fritz cards, and a user who had a problem using that setup.

I can't find an answer to his help request.

> I am sure, you will get better results by putting in an active card.
> Either AVM or EICON. I have /heard/ the EICON cards are preferable
> because of the on board echo cancellation

I was hoping to reduce costs signifantly by using a fast CPU and cheap
passive cards, but if that will result in a noticable loss of quality,
then I guess active cards it is then. :)

Thanks,

David.