[Asterisk-Users] Mailing list archives searchable ?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Nov 27 23:30:16 MST 2003

Greg Hill wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Brian West wrote:
>

>>Come on guys how hard is it to add "site:lists.digium.com" into the google
>>search box along with your keywords?  Or is that like too hard?
>

> This doesn't always work well. For example, ten days ago a message came
> through the list with the text "voicepulse working?" in the subject line.
> (It's still in my mail folder, and I just happened to pick it at random.)
> The search string 'site:lists.digium.com "voicepulse working"' doesn't
> return any results.
>
> Same thing happened when I searched just now for this thread, which has
> been going for a few days. Anybody know how to tell how frequently Google
> reindexes a web site?

I got embarrassed a few weeks ago during a particularly interesting
thread when I more or less ordered some people to use google to read the
thread.

At this time the original message in the thread had been out there for a
week or two.

I don't need to finish the story: nothing doing via google.

So those of you who roast the newbie in a heartbeat, while performing in
the main a valuable function, need to be aware that sometimes "search
the archives, stupid" is not really going to reveal the information that
your tart messages imply will be forthcoming.

B.