[Asterisk-Users] Mailing list archives searchable ?

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Thu Nov 27 23:10:39 MST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Brian West wrote:

> Come on guys how hard is it to add "site:lists.digium.com" into the google
> search box along with your keywords?  Or is that like too hard?

This doesn't always work well. For example, ten days ago a message came
through the list with the text "voicepulse working?" in the subject line.
(It's still in my mail folder, and I just happened to pick it at random.)
The search string 'site:lists.digium.com "voicepulse working"' doesn't
return any results.

Same thing happened when I searched just now for this thread, which has
been going for a few days. Anybody know how to tell how frequently Google
reindexes a web site?

Some things might be found by searching with google, but I feel that a
separate, more frequenly updated method of searching the list archive has
its place also.

Greg Hill