[Asterisk-Users] Agent Logoff inability when calls are being received from queue

Panagidou Anna anpanag at hol.net
Thu Nov 27 09:49:50 MST 2003

Hello everybody,

I have started using Asterisk in a call center with ACD.

I have noticed something and I wonder if anyone knows whether it is a
bug or a feature!

I am using Queue application to ring a number of agents that have logged
on using AgentCallbackLogin.
Now, while an agent receives  a call from the Queue they cannot logoff
using AgentCallbackLogin. Instead  the Agent is asked for their agent no
and their password and after that they get the agenty-alreadyon
message!!!
When the call goes away they are able to logoff!!

It sounds trivial but in a busy call center where lines are coming all
the time it gives the agent a hard time and at the same time the line is
not being answered since the agent's extension is considered available
and Asterisk keeps sending the call to the agent.

By the way I am using Asterisk from CVS of August 17.

Does anyone knows whether the above is meant to work like that? If it is
a bug does anyone know whether it is being corrected in later CVS?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Anna