[Asterisk-Users] Attempting to get SJPhone configured for Asterisk- Help!

Mark Johnston mjohnston at skyweb.ca
Thu Nov 27 08:34:14 MST 2003

Reddog4891 at aol.com wrote:
> My problem is the tutorial left out how to configure a SJPhone so
> that it connects to my asterisk server not directly FWD.  I've tried
> everything I can think of, I must be missing something simple.

I'm using SJPhone with the following config:

sip.conf:

[markspc]
type=friend
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
callerid="Mark's PC" <1>
username=markspc

SJPhone (SIP tab):

Use local outbound proxy - checked.
Proxy IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Caller ID: sip:markspc at 192.168.0.1
Register - checked.
Account: markspc
Password blank.

Everything else is default (haven't changed the Advanced SIP Options or
anything.)  Of course, in production you'd want to add a secret line to
sip.conf and the corresponding password to SJPhone.  When it's working,
SJPhone shows:

Default protocol: SIP
SIP Proxy: registered with 192.168.0.1
Host address: 192.168.0.2

and Asterisk's console says:
Registered SIP 'markspc' at 192.168.0.2

Asterisk also periodically reports:
Got SIP response 481 "Subscription does not exist" back from 192.168.0.2

which seems harmless.

HTH,
Mark