[Asterisk-Users] Attempting to get SJPhone configured for Asterisk- Help!

Reddog4891 at aol.com Reddog4891 at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 23:09:21 MST 2003

I recently setup an Asterisk Server-
I was able to follow a tutorial from http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm#_Toc49248752
Until it told me to call another line, let it ring until voice mail picks up.

My problem is the tutorial left out how to configure a SJPhone so that it connects to my asterisk server not directly FWD.  I've tried everything I can think of, I must be missing something simple.  In the tutorial I got up to the part where I successfully added Voicemail boxes and started configuring the server to go to voice mail after "X" number of rings or if the line was busy.  The next line in the tutorial instructed me to test it out, but the SJPhone software is not configured properly.  All I’m trying to do is setup a simple voicemail server for 1-5 phones.  If I can get this to work, I’m buying a few Budgetone 102’s.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks-
Dan