[Asterisk-Users] door phone

Wed Nov 26 19:50:23 MST 2003

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com <> wrote:
> Door phone resources:
>
>     http://www.vikingelectronics.com/
>     Door phones, elevator phones,  and other interesting telephone
>     equipment Their door entry systems are here:
>
> http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/doorentry/product_list.html

Would something like this be easily integrated into asterisk? I'm
assuming you still need some sort of power source (transformer) and a
relay switch to turn it on/off? At $AUD50 it seems pretty reasonable
from what I have seen so far. Also seems like it would work with most
locks (except my current one which has the three pins that slide into
the holes on the door frame....)

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LA5078&CATID=&keywords=door
+strike&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=xxxxxxxxxx&Keyword2
=xxxxxxxxxx&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

If anyone else has suggestions for Australian suppliers of this stuff.
It seems lots of places have the intercom/doorphone parts, but not the
actual part that opens the lock....

Regards,
Adam

 --