[Asterisk-Users] jitter buffer for iax

zoa zoachien at securax.org
Wed Nov 26 09:01:23 MST 2003

I am a bit puzzled about the meaning of the different jitter buffer options.

If i set:

Dropcount=3 what effect will this have exactly ? (will this have an
influence on how fast a jitter buffer is built or destroyed?)

jitterbuffer=200 -> will this create a fixed buffer of 200ms this implying
a 200ms extra delay ?
maxexcessbuffer= is this on top of the jitterbuffer ? Should the value be
higher or smaller than the jitterbuffer value.

Also what are the implications of the send trunking messages option ?

I tried google, could not find anything usefull.

Do i need to have the same options on both sides ? or only on the side of
the caller ?

thnx,

Joachim.